As a Service Desk Analyst, you will be responsible for providing first-level support to users experiencing technical problems with hardware, software, and applications. The goal of the IT Service Desk is to resolve issues quickly and efficiently, while also providing excellent customer service to end users.
The GTS Service Desk team is responsible for answering calls and emails from users, triaging and troubleshooting issues, and escalating more complex problems to the appropriate teams. The team may also be responsible for managing and maintaining the company’s IT asset inventory, as well as performing basic IT tasks such as password resets and account creation.
The key responsibilities and duties of an GTS Service Desk team member may include:
- Providing first-level technical support to users experiencing problems with hardware, software, and applications.
- Answering calls and emails from users and triaging issues, determining the appropriate course of action to resolve the issue.
- Troubleshooting technical problems and providing solutions to users.
- Escalating more complex issues to the appropriate technical teams for resolution
- Managing and maintaining the company’s IT asset inventory.
- Performing basic IT tasks such as password resets and account creation.
- Maintaining documentation and records of technical issues and resolutions.
- Providing excellent customer service to end users, including responding to inquiries in a timely and professional manner
- Participating in training and development opportunities to stay up-to-date on new technologies and best practices.
- Collaborating with other teams and departments to ensure that all IT-related issues are resolved efficiently and effectively.
- Produces support documentation and daily report
- Perform other duties as assigned
Internal: Local IT team, SME team, Implementations team, NOC team.
External: Client IT team, suppliers, clients, service providers, etc.
- Candidate must be a graduate of BS in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related field, or equivalent work experience.
- Strong technical skills, including a thorough understanding of hardware, software, and networking concepts.
- Experience with incident management and service desk software is a plus.
- Familiarity with ITIL (Information Technology Infrastructure Library) best practices is a plus.
- Industry certifications such as CompTIA A+, Network+, or ITIL Foundation is preferred.
- Other industry certifications such as HDI Support Center Analyst (HDI-SCA) and Microsoft Certified: Solutions Expert (MCSE) is a plus.
Specific skills & abilities:
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to think critically
- Professional and customer-service oriented
- Must have strong attention to detail
- Adaptable and open to change
- Good hand-eye coordination and physical dexterity
- Hardworking, resourceful, and proactive with a sense of urgency
- Good time management and organizational skills
- Ability to provide excellent customer service
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Ability to handle stress and work under pressure
- Self-motivated with high level of integrity