As a Windows Server Engineer, you will be part of the platform support team and act as a subject matter expert (SME) for supporting applications running on Microsoft Server 2012, SQL 2022 Enterprise, and ensuring high availability (HA) and georedundancy. You will be responsible for maintaining and optimizing server performance, implementing infrastructure changes, providing 24/7 support, and collaborating with cross functional teams.
- Design and implement server systems and infrastructure, including deployment and maintenance of servers, storage systems, and networking equipment.
- Configure and manage Microsoft systems and cloud platforms, including the installation and configuration of operating systems and applications.
- Troubleshoot server issues and identify and resolve technical problems.
- Collaborate with GTS team members and other stakeholders to ensure that server systems and infrastructure meet the needs of the business.
- Write and maintain technical documentation, including how-to guides and manuals for server systems and infrastructure.
- This is a full-time position based at our office location.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Internal: All employees
External: Business partners, clients, etc.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related field
- 5+ years of experience working with call center platforms, preferably as a tier 3 support engineer
- Extensive experience with Microsoft systems and cloud platforms, including server deployment, maintenance, and troubleshooting.
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to write clear and concise technical documentation.
- Experience with server design, configuration, and operation.
- Experience writing mode of procedures and standards documents
- Any one of industry certifications such as Linux Professional Institute Certification (LPIC), CompTIA Linux+, Cloud+, Microsoft Certified: Azure Solutions Architect, Amazon Web Services (AWS) Certified Solutions Architect, VMware Certified Professional (VCP), Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE) or similar is required.
- Can work onsite in San Juan City
Specific skills & abilities:
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to think critically
- Professional and customer-service oriented
- Must have strong attention to detail
- Adaptable and open to change
- Hardworking, resourceful, and proactive with a sense of urgency
- Good time management and organizational skills
- Ability to provide excellent customer service
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Ability to work under pressure with minimum supervision
- Self-motivated with high level of integrity